Have a Safe & Happy 4th of July
The Fourth of July, or Independence Day, is a federal holiday that celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. In America, we celebrate this glorious day with picnics, barbecues, fireworks and the good ole red, white and blue. Whatever way you celebrate, we wish you safety and happiness.
Safety Tips 4th of July
With more than 35 million people traveling over the 4th of July weekend, it pays to plan extra time for travel and consider the following safety tips:
- Check vehicle tires (including spare) and fluid levels before any road trip.
- Pack an emergency kit with flashlight, jumper cables, water, sunscreen, and commonly used tools
- Stay focused – No texting and take breaks if you feel drowsy. Do not drink and drive.
- Barbecue in your plans? Remember to keep food items properly chilled or heated, covered, and avoid cross contamination with raw meats.
- Swimming? Always swim with a buddy and never leave children in water unattended.
Other great safety resources include the American Red Cross and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Fun Facts 4th of July
- “Americans began observing the Fourth of July as early as 1777, when the first-ever major celebration in Philadelphia included a parade, a thirteen-shot cannon salute and fireworks, but Congress didn’t make it official until 1870, when it was part of a bill passed to recognize major state holidays at a federal level — like Independence Day, Christmas and New Year’s Day,” according to TIME magazine.
- Also according to TIME magazine, July Fourth is the “biggest hot dog holiday of the year.” Americans reportedly consuming about 155 million of them on Independence Day alone.
- According to the American Pyrotechnics Association, more than 14,000 fireworks displays light up skies across the country on July 4. Most fireworks stores spend 11 months of the year planning for the holiday, which accounts for roughly 75 percent of the industry’s yearly revenue. Congress first authorized the use of fireworks for Independence Day celebrations on July 4, 1777, but the tradition truly stems from the mid-19th century when explosives leftover from war were set off to celebrate the day.(Source: Heavy.com)
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the home financing partner that you trust to serve your family, friends and community. Through our family of dedicated mortgage professionals, our commitment is to deliver an exceptional experience. Our unwavering dedication to integrity, honesty and ethics is the foundation of all of our relationships.
About Inlanta Mortgage
Last year, Inlanta Mortgage celebrated twenty years in business. Learn more about Inlanta’s twenty year history here.
Headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., Inlanta Mortgage was established in 1993. Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is an agency approved lender for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, FHA/VA, FHA 203K and USDA. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin NMLS #1016. Inlanta Mortgage was recently named a Top Mortgage Lender in 2013 as well as 2012 by Scotsman Guide. Inlanta was also recently named a Top Workplace in 2014 as well as in 2012. Inlanta has also been listed on Mortgage Technology’s Top 25 Tech Savvy Lenders list in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, named one of the “Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America” in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and one of the 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine.