What are home buyers looking for in 2012? Here is a list of some must-have features home buyers are seeking this year:
1. Garages – A garage is a must have these days. In the north, homeowners don’t enjoy scraping ice off their windshields or shoveling snow off their cars. In the south, home owners would rather not climb into a car that has been sweltering in direct sun light.
2. Walk-in Closets – Closet space is coveted. Closets help home owners keep their rooms clutter free and aid in overall organization.
3. Fireplaces – Fireplaces add a level of coziness that no other feature can do. In addition to the decorative appeal, fireplaces can often be used as a supplemental heating source.
4. Fenced-in Yards – Fenced-in yards expand and define our living space. Fences can add privacy, security and deflect sound. In 2011, the Humane Society of the United States reported that 39% of households had a least one dog. Fenced-in yards are important to households who treasure their pets as one of the family – to ensure their furry friends’ safety and quality of life. It almost goes without saying that a fenced-in yard is especially desirable to families with small children.
5. Hardwood Floors – Let’s face it – hardwood floors are relatively easy to maintain. Anyone with pets or small children can attest to the how much easier it is to clean up a mess on hardwoods than carpet. Hardwood floors also help rooms look larger and can be easily accented with an area rug. Home buyers also appreciate that hardwood floors don’t collect dust, pollen or other allergen.
Are you looking to buy a home? Get pre-approved today! Pre-approvals are integral to the home shopping process and let realtors know that you mean business!
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016. Inlanta Mortgage is proud to be a recent recipient of a 2012 Top Workplace Award.