The Ten Commandments of Mortgage Lending
Ten Commandments of Mortgage Lending
Are you buying a home? Here are the ten commandments of mortgage lending to ensure a smooth mortgage loan process.
- Thou Shall Not change jobs or become self-employed
- Thou Shall Not originate any new inquiries on your credit report
- Thou Shall Not buy a car, truck, or van unless you plan to live in it
- Thou Shall Not use your credit cards or fall behind on your payments
- Thou Shall Not spend money you have saved for your down payment, get a gift for closing, or take out a retirement loan without first consulting your mortgage banker.
- Thou Shall Not buy furniture before you buy your house.
- Thou Shall Not make any large deposits into your bank account unless you plan on documenting that deposit and origin of the money (i.e. anything that is not payroll related)
- Thou Shall Not change bank accounts.
- Thou Shall Not co-sign for anyone.
- Thou Shall Not purchase ANYTHING until after closing.
Contact a licensed Inlanta Mortgage loan officer to learn more about the mortgage loan process, available loan programs and current mortgage rates. Use our branch locator to find a loan officer near you or apply today and we will forward your application to a loan officer in your area.
About Inlanta Mortgage
Headquartered in Brookfield, Wisconsin, Inlanta Mortgage is a growing mortgage banking firm committed to quality mortgage lending, ethical operations and strong customer service.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is an agency approved lender for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, FHA/VA, FHA 203K and USDA. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs.
Inlanta Mortgage was recently named a Top Workplace for a third time in 2015. Inlanta has also received the Platinum Million Dollar USDA Lender Award and has been recognized as a Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional and a Top 100 Mortgage Banking Company and 100 Best Mortgage Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine.
Inlanta Mortgage, Inc. NMLS #1016