How much do you know about Thanksgiving? It may have all started with a 3-day festival of hunting and feasting in celebration of the pilgrims first successful harvest almost 400 years ago, but we bet there are a few things you didn’t know. Here are some fun facts on Thanksgiving:
- The very first Thanksgiving menu included venison – not turkey, pumpkin pie, or mashed potatoes!
- Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving an official holiday in 1863 during the Civil War – hundreds of years after the Pilgrims first feasted with the Wampanoag Indians.
- In 1989, George Bush began the tradition of pardoning one turkey each year.
- On average, about 280 million turkeys are sold for Thanksgiving feasts. Californians consume more turkey than any other state.
- On average 50 million pumpkin pies are eaten during Thanksgiving.
- Turkeys can’t see very well in the dark.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird of the United States.
From all of us at Inlanta Mortgage, we hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!
Fact Sources: History.com, WHSV
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the home financing partner that you trust to serve your family, friends and community. Through our family of dedicated mortgage professionals, our commitment is to deliver an exceptional experience. Our unwavering dedication to integrity, honesty and ethics is the foundation of all of our relationships.
About Inlanta Mortgage
Last year, Inlanta Mortgage celebrated its 20th Anniversary. Inlanta Mortgage is a growing mortgage banking firm committed to quality mortgage lending, ethical operations and strong customer service.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is an agency approved lender for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, FHA/VA, FHA 203K and USDA. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin NMLS #1016. Inlanta Mortgage was recently named a Top Mortgage Lender in 2013 as well as 2012 by Scotsman Guide. Inlanta was also recently named a Top Workplace in 2014 as well as in 2012. Inlanta has also been named one of the “Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America” in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and one of the 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine.