Getting a VA Loan
VA Mortgage Loans
VA mortgage loans are designed to help our nation’s veterans purchase a home or refinance their existing mortgage. VA loans are a great option for eligible veterans because there is no down payment requirement, qualifying requirements are less restrictive than conventional loans and private mortgage insurance is not required.
Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website to determine if you are eligible. Spouses of veterans may also qualify under specific circumstances.
VA Mortgage Loan Process
1. Find a Lender – You need a lender who participates in the VA program.
2. Get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) – A COE verifies that you meet eligibility requirements for a VA loan. In most cases, Inlanta Mortgage loan officers can access and obtain your COE through an internet-based application (Web LGY) in a matter of seconds.
3. Find a Realtor – A Realtor can help you find a home and negotiate a purchase agreement.
4. Complete Your Loan Application – Work with your lender to complete your loan application and gather required documentation (bank statements, pay stubs, W2s).
5. Loan Processing – An appraisal will be ordered from a state-licensed real estate appraiser and your mortgage lender will begin to process all your application and documentation. Your lender will review all your information and confirm that the appraisal meets the market value requirements for a VA home loan guaranty.
7. Loan Approval & Closing – After reviewing the property appraisal and your credit, income and asset documentation, your lender can make a decision to approve or deny. Approved loans move towards closing. Title company representatives or attorneys conduct the closing – which is where the property is transferred to you!
Learn More About VA Loans
Do you have additional questions on VA mortgage loan eligibility, the loan process, or VA loans in general? Inlanta Mortgage loan officers are qualified to answer all of your VA mortgage loan questions. Use our branch locator to find a licensed mortgage loan officer near you.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the home financing partner that you trust to serve your family, friends and community. Through our family of dedicated mortgage professionals our commitment is to deliver an exceptional experience. Our unwavering dedication to integrity, honesty and ethics is the foundation of all of our relationships.
About Inlanta Mortgage – Celebrating 20 Years
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, Inlanta Mortgage is a growing mortgage banking firm committed to quality mortgage lending, ethical operations and strong customer service.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is an agency approved lender for Fannie Mae, FHA/VA, FHA 203K and USDA. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.