Fall is finally HERE!
While pumpkin spiced treats, hayrides and cozy sweaters make it a favorite time of year for many, the long-awaited cooler temps also make it a great time to take care of some fall home maintenance tasks to get ready for the colder weather. Even if you live in warmer climates, many of these tips apply to you too!
Check these tasks off your list now so you can enjoy the cozy season ahead knowing your home is prepped and ready to take on winter.
Here is your fall home maintenance checklist:
- Clean and store summer gear
- Have furnace properly inspected
- Remove any window air conditioners
- Insulate exposed pipes as needed
- Check accuracy of thermostat, clean and replace as needed
- Seal/reseal doors and windows as needed
- Deep clean your kitchen and appliances
- Assess your home’s energy efficiency
- Inspect and clean your chimney
- Check your detectors and replace batteries as needed
- Rake and remove leaves
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Clean gutters and rainspouts
- Inspect roof and exterior of home
- Clear and inspect your driveway, walkways, deck and railings to ensure winter safety
- Close or install storm windows
- Store outdoor furniture and cushions inside
- Remove hoses from spigots; drain and store indoors
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned
- Fertilize, reseed and water your lawn
We hope your fall is filled with joy, abundance and warmth. Enjoy!