Mother’s Day will look a little bit different this year with restrictions due to COVID-19, but it doesn’t mean you can’t recognize those amazing women in your life with a little bit of creativity and fun!
Think simple and consider doing one of these five things for Mom this Mother’s Day:
- Send a homemade card: With so much of our lives turning virtual, there’s no better time than now to send a handwritten note with a homemade Mother’s Day card. Consider using photos of you together, or write an original poem to include inside the card. This is sure to make it on the refrigerator!
- Create a video montage: Be prepared, this may bring on the water works! Show your mom how much you care by sending her a montage of photos of you together through the years, pairing it with her favorite song. Then email it to her, or even post it on her social.
- Send her dinner: With so many restaurants now delivering, send her a special lunch or dinner from her favorite local restaurant. Be sure to include an appetizer or dessert. This is a great way to give her a night off cooking while supporting local small businesses.
- If you’re at home with your mom, then do a traditional breakfast in bed: Show your thanks by waking up before her and bringing her breakfast in bed. There’s no doubt she’ll be overjoyed to spend a morning relaxing and enjoying a meal in the comfort of her own bed, and it’s a perfectly sweet way to show your gratitude.
- Another tip if you’re home with your mom, then give her the day off: Flip the script and take on the Mom duties! From the moment she wakes up, give her the day to herself to enjoy and relax. Then, take on her usual tasks and tackle any chores she completes throughout the day. She’ll be moved by your thoughtful gesture and feel cherished on her special day, but most of all, she’ll enjoy a leisurely day off!
Thank you, moms, for all that you do! And to all of our friends and families in the communities we serve, we wish you and yours a Happy Mother’s Day!