VA Mortgage Loans
VA mortgage loans are designed to help our nation’s veterans purchase a home or refinance their existing mortgage.
Veterans with qualifying credit and income can purchase a home with no money down, no private mortgage insurance, and competitive interest rates. Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website to determine if you are eligible. Spouses of veterans may also qualify under specific circumstances.
VA Mortgage Loan Process
1. Find a Lender – You need a lender who participates in the VA program.
2. Get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) – A COE verifies that you meet eligibility requirements for a VA loan. In most cases, Inlanta Mortgage loan officers can access and obtain your COE through an internet-based application (Web LGY) in a matter of seconds.
3. Find a Realtor – A Realtor can help you find a home and negotiate a purchase agreement.
4. Complete Your Loan Application – Work with your lender to complete your loan application and gather required documentation (bank statements, pay stubs, W2s).
5. Loan Processing – An appraisal will be ordered from a state-licensed real estate appraiser and your mortgage lender will begin to process all your application and documentation. Your lender will review all your information and confirm that the appraisal meets the market value requirements for a VA home loan guaranty.
7. Loan Approval & Closing – After reviewing the property appraisal and your credit, income and asset documentation, your lender can make a decision to approve or deny. Approved loans move towards closing. Title company representatives or attorneys conduct the closing – which is where the property is transferred to you!
VA Mortgage Loan Questions?
Do you have additional questions on VA mortgage loan eligibility, the loan process, or VA loans in general? Inlanta Mortgage loan officers are qualified to answer all of your VA mortgage loan questions. Use our branch locator to find a licensed mortgage loan officer near you.
About Inlanta Mortgage
Inlanta Mortgage is proudly celebrating twenty years in business. Learn more about Inlanta’s twenty year history here.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS #1016. Inlanta Mortgage is proud to be named to the Scotsman Guide Top Mortgage Lenders 2012 list and to be among the Top 100 Mortgage Banking Companies in America in 2012.