At Inlanta, we embrace the entrepreneurial spirit by treating employees like owners, and encourage innovative
thinking that simplifies processes, builds relationships and drives better results.
• We act with the highest standard of integrity in all relationships.
• Common sense and sound judgment guide our actions.
• We work to build a solid, financially strong—sales and service-oriented company by working hard to be the best we can.
• Our focus is on servicing our customers with innovative, quality, creative, cost-effective, and competitive products and services.
• We respect and value the individual and seek to associate ourselves with persons of strong work ethic, character, and experience.
• We reinvest the cash flow from our business to fund growth and build value with a long-term approach and strategy for success to our business.
• Do the right thing—When encountering a decision or choice, we should ask ourselves, “What is the right thing?”
• Do your personal best—The Japanese refer to the act of trying to be a little better every day as “Kaizen.” If you have done your best, that is all anyone will ever ask. When President John F. Kennedy was asked during his run for Presidency if he would accept his party’s nomination for Vice President, he responded, “Why should I accept second place when first is available? Once you accept second best, you have a tendency to do so the rest of your life.” First place is available to you; seize it.
• Treat others as you want to be treated—This is also known as the “golden rule.” It is a simple rule, but one that is often difficult to follow. As professionals, we should be the experts at achieving this, since part of the successful sales process is to understand and walk in the other person’s shoes. Don’t stop applying that skill with coworkers, family and friends—it is part of who we are.
• Your word is your bond—This is one of the most important philosophies to adopt in the mortgage business. The number one gripe of customers, realtors, co-workers, etc. is, “They didn’t do what they said they would do.” This is your credibility and the credibility of Inlanta.
Our culture is open, team-oriented, and guided by our code of ethics. Click button to learn more.
Read what our Branch Manager and Loan Officers are saying about us. Better yet, pick up the phone
and call any of our managers today to get an inside feel for what it means to be on Team Inlanta.
© 2018 Inlanta Mortgage, Inc. All Rights Reserved.