Been thinking about buying a home? Well, maybe you should put it on your Christmas list.
Perks of Home Shopping Around the Holidays
Although the holidays tend to be an off-season for the real estate and mortgage industries, there are some good reasons to buy a home near the end of the year.
- Sellers who keep their homes on the market at this time are very motivated.
- You have less competition from other buyers than you would in the spring.
- Lenders, agents and others have more time to work with you.
- Interest rates are typically lower than in the spring.
- Home ownership matters – to the economy, to families, to communities.
Ready to Start Shopping?
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan before you start shopping
- Consult a licensed Realtor to help you locate the home of your holiday dreams
- Find a giant red bow…(as shown above)
More Tools and Tips for the Holiday Home Shopper
- Home loan calculators and mortgage lending lingo
- First-time homebuyer mistakes to avoid
- More first-time homebuyer mistakes to avoid
- First-time home buyer tips
- Things you can learn from driving by a house
Contact a licensed mortgage loan officer to discuss your specific home financing. Find a loan officer near you.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.