What is Pinterest?
Pinterest bills itself as a virtual pin board that allows people to organize and share items they find of interest by pinning images to boards. Pinterest grew to 10 million unique visitors per month – faster than any other website in history. Pinterest currently boasts more than 23 million unique visitors per month.
Who Uses Pinterest?
We do. Visit our boards! According to TechCrunch.com, Pinterest has millions of users most of which whom are 18-34 year-old, higher income women in the American heartland. Please note – this website is by no means for women only! Pinterest users in all demographics are growing at an astounding rate. From crafts to funny memes, this website has something appealing to virtually everyone.
Okay – so you’re intrigued. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Create an Account – Use your Facebook or Twitter account to sign up – or use an email address.
- What does it mean to ‘Pin’ something? – This means you posted it to a board on Pinterest.
- What’s a ‘board’? – A board is a set of pins. A board can be created for any topic. Examples of boards include Funny Stuff, Wedding Plans, or Christmas Recipes.
- What does it mean to ‘Follow’ someone on Pinterest? – If you follow a person you will see that person’s pins show in real time on Pinterest.
- What does it mean to ‘Repin’? – When you repin, you are essentially posting someone else’s image onto one of your own boards.
We pin to a variety of boards including Interesting Homes, Home Improvement, Fun Stuff, and have recently added a ‘Tis the Season board. Check out some of the fantastic holiday pins we have come across:
- Cupcakes – Grinch Cupcakes, Even Better Grinch Cupcakes, O Tannebaum Cupcakes
- Holiday Projects – Pine Cone Christmas Trees, Hand Print Wreath,
- Decorating – Candy Cane Candle Holder, Homemade Sweater Stockings
Happy Holidays and Happy Pinning!
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.