The holidays are a magical time of year! Here are a few tips to ensure you and your family enjoy a safe and happy holiday season!
Prevent Home Theft
- Put a sign in your yard that says you have a home security system – even if you don’t. A burglar is more likely to select a home that doesn’t appear to have a security system. It’s a cheap and effective theft deterrent.
- Keep your garage door closed – don’t advertise your belongings to passerby.
- Get to know your neighbors – If you and your neighbors are on friendly terms, you will all be more likely to recognize suspicious activities around each others homes.
- Don’t store valuables in your bedroom – that’s a burglar’s first stop. Find another location to stash your jewels, cash, etc.
- Leave a radio on when you are gone – noise prevents burglaries.
- Install motion sensors to thwart nighttime break ins.
Be Careful with Christmas Lights
- Throw away frayed or cracked cords.
- Consider LEDs – they use less energy and don’t produce heat build up allowing you to string together as many strands as you may need.
- Don’t overburden your electrical sockets. Plug no more than one extension cord per socket and limit number of strings of connected lights to three.
Want more information? Most insurance companies can provide a home safety checklist to help you prepare for an accident-free holiday season. Still concerned about theft? Contact your local police department. Your police department may be willing to conduct a safety checkup.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016. Inlanta Mortgage is proud to be a recent recipient of a 2012 Top Workplace Award.