Happy Earth Day!
Every year we celebrate Earth Day on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. There are many things you do to celebrate the day and help the earth. You can even do some of these activities every day to contribute to a safer and healthier planet!
Things You Can Do on Earth Day:
• Donate directly to Earth Day Network – through this network, activists connect, interact with and impact their communities, creating positive change in local, national, and global policies.
• E-Waste – You can safely get rid of any electronics collecting dust in your home. These items include: cell phones, computers, laptops, televisions and printers. If not properly recycled, these items end up in landfills or are incinerated and can cause major environmental problems. Visit E-Stewards to find the closest e-waste recycling center closest to you.
• Clean Up – Planning on taking a nice spring walk today? Help the environment while you enjoy the fresh air. Take a garbage bag and some gloves with you and pick up any trash you see along your walk. Any little bit will help!
• Switch to online bill pay – Save some paper and get your bills delivered to your email and pay them online. It also saves you a stamp and an email is harder to lose than a piece of paper buried in the rest of your documents. And you can set up a payment schedule so you don’t miss any payments!
• Plant a tree – Not only does it increase the value of your yard (and your home along with that), but over a 50-year lifetime a tree generates $31,250 worth of oxygen, provides $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycles $37,500 worth of water and controls $31,2500 worth of soil erosion! Plant one you’ll enjoy and can sit under the shade on a hot day.
Today should be a reminder of the things you can do every day to help the Earth. The Earth Day Network is a great place to go to on a regular basis to see what you can do in your everyday life. By doing things like turning off the water while you brush your teeth, filling up your bin every week with recyclables, taking the bus or a bike when you can and switching all the lights in your house to energy friendly bulbs will have a great impact.
Inlanta Mortgage is proudly celebrating twenty years in business. Learn more about Inlanta’s twenty year history here.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016. Inlanta Mortgage is proud to be a recent recipient of a 2012 Top Workplace Award.