Black Friday is almost here. Are you prepared? Here are a few shopping tips to help you make the most of this crazy busy shopping day.
Black Friday Shopping Tips
- Do Your Research – If you plan to purchase a big ticket item, make sure you do your research. Just because the item you plan to buy is cheap, doesn’t guarantee it’s a good deal. Read consumer reviews and reports to make sure the discounted item is worth getting out of bed at 5 am.
- Browse Deals Before You Go – Sketch out a game plan for Black Friday. Know your budget, which stores have sales, and which stores have sales on items you actually want.
- Compare Prices Before You Head Out – Determine what the regular price of an item is before you commit to purchasing that item on sale. Make sure you are comparing like items! It is not uncommon for stores to offer “stripped down” versions of products at deep discounts and then charge regular prices for all the required accessories.
- Use Store Credit Cards – This is generally a good idea when a deeper discount or an extended warranty is offered when purchasing using store credit. If there are no additional discounts or warranties, it may make more sense to pay another way.
- Check Out Night Owl Specials – More and more stores offer deals for night owls that aren’t likely to get up at the crack of dawn. Cashing in on these deals may help you beat the crowd and ensure you get the item you are coveting.
- Know the Store’s Policy – Does the store you plan to shop at charge re-stocking fees or have a shorter return window? This will become an issue if the item you purchased isn’t all you expected it to be. Always keep your receipt – without your receipt stores aren’t likely to take your return at all.
Spread a Little Cheer
Good luck with your holiday shopping! Consider picking up an extra toy this year for a child in need! Many local charities help distribute toys to children over the holidays. One of our Wisconsin branches is collecting toys for the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. For more information on the Brookfield branch toy drive, click here.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016.