Halloween is just around the corner! While this haunting holiday is often a magical time of year for kids filled with candy, costumes, trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, and more, parents know that Halloween festivities can turn from fun to scary quickly.
That’s why we’ve put together some top tips to help keep you and your family safe this Halloween.
Trick or Treat Tips:
- Make sure kids under 12 are always accompanied by an adult during trick-or-treat
- For older kids who plan to go alone with friends, discuss specific routes and a timeline
- Remind your kids about stranger danger, and to never get into a car with someone they don’t know
- Have kids use the buddy system to ensure no one gets lost or separated
- Instruct children to walk slowly, look both ways before crossing the street, use crosswalks and follow traffic signals
- Adults need to stay off electronics and keep their heads up and vision clear at all times. Older kids should do the same
- Keep your kid’s costumes safe by adding reflective tape and stickers, and avoid masks that can obstruct vision. Consider using face-paint instead
- Offer your kids flashlights or glow sticks to carry with them to help light the way and make them more visible to cars
- If you’re out and about, drive more slowly and stay extra alert through residential areas, and enter/exit driveways and alleyways with caution
- If you’re attending a party, drink responsibly and arrange for a designated driver to get home safely
For more on Halloween safety, please visit the National Safety Council website today. We hope these tips help prepare you to have a safe and spooky fun holiday. Happy Halloween from all of us at Inlanta Mortgage!