Shopping for a New Home? You Need a Pre-Approval Letter
Will you be dropping by a few open houses this weekend? Take a pre-approval letter with you! Inlanta Mortgage loan officers work quickly to assess your financial situation and provide a pre-approval for your home shopping needs. Mortgage pre-approvals provide house hunters with a number of benefits:
- Your Realtor knows you’re serious when you present a pre-approval letter.
- Sellers prefer to negotiate with prospective buyers with pre-approvals over simple pre-qualification letters – often times sellers won’t even consider your offer without a pre-approval letter from a licensed mortgage loan originator!
- Your mortgage pre-approval letter takes into consideration down payment percentages, interest rates, property taxes and mortgage insurance – which makes it clearer to you (the buyer) just how much you can truly afford to borrow.
- A solid pre-approval will help you get your loan processed faster. Getting a pre-approval could take your offer from a 60 day closing to as little as 30 days.
Pre-Approvals are Not Pre-Qualifications
Pre-qualifications will give you an idea of what kind of loan you may qualify for and can typically be completed in minutes. This informal estimate may be just fine for those in the very early stages of the home buying process.
Pre-approvals are more involved and are a better indication of your ability to fully qualify for a mortgage loan. In order to get pre-approved, we will gather all the information we need to begin the loan process. This typically involves a credit check as well as income and asset verification. Typical documents required for a pre-approval include:
- Bank statements
- Drivers License/Identification
- Proof of IRAs or retirement accounts and their balances
Apply Online for Your Pre-Approval
Inlanta Mortgage loan officers are dedicated to helping you achieve your dreams of homeownership. Review testimonials for Inlanta Mortgage loan officers here. All testimonials were published with the express permission of our customers. Last names have been omitted to ensure their privacy.
Inlanta Mortgage is proudly celebrating twenty years in business. Learn more about Inlanta’s twenty year history here.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond agency programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016. Inlanta Mortgage is proud to be a recent recipient of a 2012 Top Workplace Award.